Sweet treats can kill your child: Whenever a child is born, you will find that people get so excited about it that they don’t understand what is right and what is wrong for him. After coming out of the womb, parents are in such a hurry to show and experience all the things of the world to the child that sometimes they start treating him like an adult without thinking much. This is especially the case with food and drinks.
Foods that people feed a baby within a year of birth include fruits and vegetables in addition to water and cereal. However, many people lick or spoon feed honey to their babies because it is sweet and beneficial. An innocent child may like this behavior but they do not understand the danger behind it and neither does the father. Let us tell you why doctors deny it.
Honey is sweet but poisonous!
A Singaporean social media influencer named Dr. Sam has warned about honey, the New York Post reports. He says parents feeding babies or licking honey can cause death or nerve damage or paralysis. Honey should not be given to children under 1 year of age. It doesn’t matter whether it’s low or high because it contains bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. It is especially found in plants. Honey is more likely to contain these bacteria, which release toxins into the body. Potion.org. According to WHO, children do not have enough immunity to prevent the development of this disease.
After 12 months give honey
Experts believe that the symptoms of the development of this bacteria appear between 3 and 30 days. Symptoms include slow or stopped breathing, constipation, swelling of the eyelids, body relaxation. The child becomes so ill that he needs to be placed in the ICU or ventilator. This situation can take up to his life. This video of Doctor Sam has been watched by almost 8 million people on Tik Tok. He described a case of an infant contracting the bacteria through a pacifier containing honey, which required hospitalization for a month.